Welcome to my Blog

I am a writer so all things about people, writing and books interests me.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Telephone Selling

This telephone selling is getting bit much. Two years ago I had new windows and doors throughout the house ( except for two windows I didn't want changed). I was pestered mercilessly afterwards not only by telephone but also by callers at my door. The Devil's own job to get rid of them, too.

I have just had another of those calls, by a very persuasive young man wanting to leave a price for the two windows not renewed. I did and said everything I could think of to put him off. To no avail. Now a representative is calling tomorrow to measure. I can't afford more windows! Why won't they take no for an answer?

* * *

I managed to finish chapter 2 of my new novel this morning in draft form, of course. Now I am trying to work out what comes next. I must be careful to preserve the time line in the novel. I was careless last time and that caused me a lot of extra work after I submitted the manuscript to my publisher. I have to plan ahead. I am not one of those writers who can sail straight into a book without knowing exactly where I am going. I need a map of the route. No writer can't afford to slide into sloppy ways.
I want to carry on working tomorrow - now that rep is calling - more interruption.

No comments: